Monday, May 23, 2011

I Heart Coffee

When I was a little girl, I would ask my mom to tell me stories of when she was a little girl. My favorite one was when she told me that she would stand beside her dad as he drank his coffee. When he was just about done, he would save the very last sip for my mom.

She also used to tell me that if coffee were a purfume, she would wear it. I have to agree. I absolutely love the smell of coffee, whether it's brewing, or just smelling the coffee beans.

So this is where my love for coffee must have originated.

I have been wanting to make coffee cookies. I've been working on a chocolate espresso cookie recipe, and I wanted to add that recipe into this post for you. I thought it would be the perfect thing. . . biting into a decorated coffee cookie that actually tastes like coffee!! I have not perfected the recipe yet; but when I do, you will surely hear about it!

Some friends of mine gave me a coffee pot holder when they found out I was redoing my kitchen in a coffee theme. That little pot holder inspired these designs.


Wouldn't these cookies go great with a cup of coffee?



Enjoy your coffee and keep it sweet!
Elizabeth

1 comment: