Monday, April 18, 2011

Hippity~hoppity, Easter's on its way...



Welcome to my blog! I am so excited for my first blog post to be the week before Easter. It's a holiday that I have come to love, not only because of the meaning that it has for me, but also because it is a reminder that spring, my favorite season, is here!

My first spring sweet were these fondant topped calla lilly cookies.


These cupcakes were delicious, even if I do say so myself. They were chocolate caramel, vanilla creme brulee, and strawberry banana topped with cream cheese frosting. I added a few fondant flowers to each. I especially loved the little basket cupcake holders.


I did these flowers and eggs to tuck in some Easter baskets. As I was making the cookies, my 4 year old son thought they were for him. When I wrapped them up and got them ready to go, he said to me, "Mommy!What are you doing with the cookies?!" He was a little sad that they weren't for him. . . 



Now, you might be thinking that these little chicks are too cute to eat. I can assure you, they are not.


I decided to do these chicks after wanting to use the egg shape cookie cutter for something other than eggs. I didn't really mean for their eyes to come out all "crazy" looking, but they did, and I think it sorta gives them even more character.

I wanted to make more sweet treats for spring and Easter, and I still have so many ideas in my head. Alas, they will have to wait until next year. . .

Until then, enjoy your Easter and keep it sweet!
Liz


Keep it sweet,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment