Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday

I can't believe my baby girl is 2! It was a bittersweet moment realizing that my baby is not so much a baby anymore. I thought back to the moment I first saw her when the nurse brought her all swaddled up to me.


It was a perfect moment; there we were, the four of us - my husband, me, my son, and my new baby girl.

I went all out for her 1st birthday last year, so this year I made it a little simpler.

First, we opened presents. Big brother was there to help.


She had to show Grandpa what she got.



Then it was time for cake!



I made a three-layer chocolate cake with a layer of chocolate custard and a layer of butterscotch custard.


The outside was covered in vanilla buttercream with a royal icing dots and a royal icing Hello Kitty. I just made a printout of a Hello Kitty, put it under wax paper and filled it in with royal icing. When it was dry, it peeled right off the paper.

I also made some cookies.


Then, it was time to play outside!


Kisses from Daddy are always good, too.


Keep it sweet,
Elizabeth



2 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable and the birthday girl certainly looked like she loved her Hello Kitty cake and cookies. Great job on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Elizabeth!!! Your cookies and cake look wonderful and that little bundle of joy is gorgeous. Happy Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete